Reservation Sales Specialist (Full or Part Time)
Summary of Main Purpose of Job
• Responsible for Sales across all revenue streams including Hotel & Self-catering Accomodation, Food & Beverage, Conference & Events and Spa bookings.
• Under the guidance of the Revenue Manager and the Sales Supervisor, to be responsible for the day to day efficient working of the Sales department, in order to maximise occupancy, revenue and yield, in line with company procedures.
• To develop and drive revenue upselling where possible.
• To ensure that all legal and company standards are being met.
• Communicate to all departments ensuring all arrangements and guest requirements are made as efficiently as possible, so that events, guest stays & experiences are to the highest standard delivering a WOW experience.
• Build relationships with customers and suppliers to ensure both new and repeat business.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
To ensure the highest level of customer care, maximize revenue
• All sales enquiries are dealt with timeously in a proactive manner (to the agreed company policies) and converted when possible to confirmed bookings
• Understanding the business and keeping up to date with the Hotel and Spa’s sales & selling strategy, letting policy, offers and promotions.
• All reservations are directly inputted into Opera & Concept using the correct source, market, rate code, company, agent and payment details.
• Daily task sheet to be completed, signed and filed for each shift.
• Ensure that no shows and cancellation charges are dealt with daily.
• To be involved in converting business and generating sales through site inspections
• Upselling incremental revenue through pro-activly and passionately selling room upgrades, treatments, food & beverage during pre-arrival calls.
• To grow and develop, existing guests and bookers through regular contact, meeting and greeting, follow up calls, etc
• Update the revenue boards daily.
• Communicate clearly to all appropriate departments regarding any guest special requirements/needs, VIP’s, events and packages through email, Outlook calander, Function sheets and Traces.
• All events have terms and conditions and contracts.
• To ensure that a professional appearance and manner, is shown to all visitors, resulting in positive PR both internally and externally of the Sales team.
• To ensure that all incoming and outgoing correspondence is dealt with correctly and efficiently
• Keep the Revenue Manager / Reservations Supervisor informed of any seasonal peaks / troughs and business trends.
• To help identify market trends and co-ordinate sales activities accordingly, with the Revenue Manager and Reservations Supervisor
• To attend meetings as required, supply information, and carry out agreed actions.
• Support the Reception team in week areas, holidays, sickness & demanding check-in or check-out.
• To carry out any other activities or special requirements as requested by a Director of the Company, the Hotel General Manager, Reservations Supervisor or departmental H.O.D.
Abide by Company Policies
• Adhere to the Company Credit Policy, and that the method of payment is agreed with all customers prior to arrival.
• To comply with the company’s IT / PCI policy.
• Abide by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and safe systems of work appropriate to your role
• Adhere to the company policy regarding to hazard spotting, first aid reporting, fire evacuation and COSHH.
• To ensure security of self, guests and property.
• To ensure the Reservations Supervisor is aware of all event planning / requirements so that they can comply with all statutory requirements / risk assessments / insurance for facilities, contractors, entertainers, guests and staff
To ensure that Learning and Development is undertaken to enable you to fulfil your job role
• Must attend all training as required.
• Advise Reservations Supervisor of any training needs.
Knowledge and Skills Required
• High level of customer care skills, face to face, by telephone or electronic communication systems. With ability to establish good working relationships with other HOD’s and staff, guests, visitors, representatives of outside agencies and suppliers, and possess influencing and negotiating skills.
• Organised, systematic and sales orientated.
• Possess knowledge of the hotel and tourism industry.
• Pro-active, think out the box and be able to confidently sell & upsell all we have to offer and more!
To apply please email a covering letter & CV to email@example.com