Spring has sprung…or has it?
The phrase spring has sprung essentially means Spring has arrived! The trees are blossoming, birds are singing and there is a calmer mild breeze.
People say things don’t happen overnight and although the evenings are drawing out it definitely feels like we are still frozen in winter!
With some amazing events happening in Cornwall this month I’m sure it won’t keep us waiting much longer!
Here is a list of 7 of the many exciting events happening in Cornwall that you may wish to pop on your calendar:
1. World Pasty Championship at Eden takes place on Sunday 3rd March. The Cornish Pasty Association have run this popular event for the past 7 years at The Eden Project! You’re promised a day out of eating and entertainment, what more could you ask for!
2. Cornwall Spring Flower Show is on the first full weekend in April. The Sunday Telegraph have named it as one of the best flower shows to visit in the UK. The celebration takes place in the grounds of the impressive Bocconoc House, Lostwithiel.
3. From 11th May the Fowey Festival of Art & Literature present an exciting programme of events taking place in various locations around Fowey. You don’t have to be a book lover to enjoy this event as there really is something for everyone.
4. The Man Engine Resurrection Tour – The Colossal Engineering Miracle Will Rise Again on Saturday 31st March at Geevor Tin Mine. Event tickets can be booked in advance or purchased on the door.
5. Heligan Daffodil Fair – Exactly what is says, you will be able to enjoy the spring spectacle of over 50 daffodil varieties and explore the ever-evolving gardens. The event runs from 10th to 24th March.
6. National Maritime Museum Cornwall proudly presents a major new exhibition, Titanic Stories starting on 8th March until 7th January 2019!
7. Paddingtion Bear is coming to Cornwall! He will be visiting Bodmin and Wenford Railway (12th – 13th May) and Lappa Valley Railway (30th-31st May). Steam trains, stories, music and one very special bear! Don’t miss the train!
Mother’s Day is held on the fourth Sunday of Lent, exactly 3 weeks before Easter Sunday – a traditional celebration of family mothers and the motherly bond.
Sit back, relax, and let us take care of the rest. We’re serving a stunning Mother’s Day Lunch menu from 12-3pm on Sunday 25th March.
In addition to this our dedicated gift voucher shop is now open offering a selection of gifts to choose from for Mum, from Cream Teas to relaxing and rejuvenating spa days you’ll find something really memorable.
From 25th March, Spring will be well under way and with the clocks changing it will be time to favour sunset strolls over cosy nights in!