If you are anything like me you don’t think about pancakes all year until you are reminded Pancake Day is looming!
Every Shrove Tuesday I enjoy making & eating endless pancakes with my family!
I then ask, why don’t we have Pancakes more often?
Pancake Day traditionally known as Shrove Tuesday which is a moveable day determined by when Easter is, Shrove Tuesday always falls 47 days before Easter.
Here is a quick recipe that will make you around 12 fluffy Pancakes from allrecipes.co.uk:
150g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon caster sugar
1 knob of butter, melted
butter or oil for frying
So now for the all-important topping ideas, my favourites include:
• Lemon Juice and Sugar
• Maple Syrup
• Blueberries and honey
• Choc spread and banana
• Bacon & Spinach
• Mushroom and Cheese
My Top tips for Pancake Day
1. Get your ingredients ahead of time, on the day even the major supermarkets are usually low on lemon juice and eggs!
2. Don’t over mix! Your pancakes will be rubbery if you do!
3. Don’t flip until the bottom part is cooked!
4. Let the kids flip the pancakes too, it be lots of fun and you can always clean up the mess together!
5. Remember to have your own Pancake Day at different times of the year, not just on Shrove Tuesday! Have fun together as a family or it’s an ideal date night event!
6. If you want to enjoy the pancakes together (rather than one after another) pop the oven on low and stack the pancakes on a plate with greaseproof paper
Jenny (Marketing Department)